Frittata with Vine Tomatoes
- 6 size 7 Farmer Brown eggs
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- 3 vines of small, ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, diced or sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or tasty cheese
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Lightly grease a 27cm pie dish or tin with oil(or line with baking paper) and preheat oven to 180'C.
- Beat the eggs together. Add the onion and cheese, and season with salt and pepper and softly combine ingredients with a fork or spoon.
- Pour the mix into the lined tin and place the vine tomatoes on the top. Sprinkle over the fresh thyme.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes, until the mixture is no longer wobbly in the middle, and it’s crisp and golden on the top.
- Serve warm or cold, with a fruit or vegetable relish or chutney, and a crisp green salad.
Recipe source: NZ eggs. Visit: www.eggs.org.nz
Recipes you might also like